Thursday, May 24, 2012

Why We Shouldn't Worry

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life."  Matthew 6 :25                           A quote from Oswald Chambers:  "It is not only wrong to worry-----it is infidelity, because worrying means that we do not think that God can look after the practical details of our lives, and it is never anything else that worries us. Have you ever noticed what Jesus said would choke The Word he puts in?    The devil?  No, the cares of this world. It's the  little worries  always. I will not trust where I cannot see, that is where infidelity(towards God) begins. The only cure for infidelity is obedience to the Spirit." 
     God is speaking to me lately about NOT worrying but in the same breath He is also speaking about HIS PROVISION. Of course, my worry stems from the seeming lack coming in at the present which = my focus shifting on less which leads to the downward spiral of depressing thoughts, discouragement and yes, even a bit of anger at the whole situation! BUT, when I refocus back to God and His Word, His Holy Spirit power, His deep and reassuring presence in my life...then I am no longer worried, fearful, dismayed, alarmed or surprised at all these things going on in our lives. I know how much God, my Heavenly Father, loves me and I know He will not let us down.  He is doing ALL that He needs to do to make us into a people who have FAITH in Him, a people who put their TRUST in Him, a people who LOVE Him, and a people who have a SINCERE  heart for HIM!  My common sense says.... aaaaaahhhhh, we are in a RUT but in God's eyes we are learning to trust HIM even more! Each moment, each minute, each hour----MORE of Him and LESS of me. There is no other way for growth to occur without the careful pruning of the Master's hand; there is no other way God to get my full, 100% attention than through this road we are on.  He really does want us to focus on, not our LACK,  but on HIS ENDLESS BOUNTY! Obedience to the Spirit, taking each negative thought captive and surrendering our thoughts to Jesus Christ must be our goal...may we all be faithful to trust and obey!                            

No comments:

Post a Comment