Monday, May 7, 2012

The first Monday in May

" I don't have much in the way of money or worldly possessions. I'm not beautiful, intelligent , or clever, but I'm happy! I was born happy, I love people, I have a trusting nature, and I'd like everyone else to be happy too!"---Anne Frank---

   I wrote down this quote when I began a Frugal Living Challenge from www.frugallysustainable.com . It was from day 6 of the challenge. The daily goal was "How has your health and happiness effected your ability to live frugally?" The strategy to attain this goal: Seek those things that help me meet my basic human needs of mind, body, and soul! But this quote from www.frugallysustainable.com really summed it up for me:  " In order to embrace frugal living- we MUST find contentment in the way things are!" Hhmmmm....find contentment in the way things are.....not the way I would like them to be , or think they should be and aren't...there is a BIG difference! I remember another quote: Our wants are MANY but our needs are FEW. God is my provider, my Jehovah-Jireh. I think a healthy mind, soul, and body can only be found when the heart is full of gratitude, a deep-seated thankfulness that wells up from within and then pours out into all of one's life. When it is well with the soul.....ALL IS WELL! 

1 comment: