Friday, November 9, 2012

Some thoughts on Psalm 68

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation." Psalm 68:19
 
  Noah Webster's 1828 American Dictionary Of The English Language defines the word benefit as:
   BEN'EFIT, noun. 1. an act of kindness; a favor conferred. So Psalm 68 verse 19 is telling us that the Lord, who is to be blessed,  loadeths us or bestows us in great abundance with acts of kindness and confers us favors. I get a picture of a huge dump truck heavily loaded with  God's blessings/favors driving up to the door of my house. If I've got my attitude right with God I am able to answer the door and accept this "load of blessing"! But if I'm having a pity-party for myself, doubting God's goodness in this messy world in which we live, looking only at the negatives or the things I don't have but think I should, then guess what? I am not up for the delivery that the Lord has for me.I can't see the forest for the trees, I'm gonna miss out, big time, on what God has for me.
    "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits: a beautiful sunrise, a much needed rain shower, a job for my son, more work for my husband, a new-found understanding of Algebra for my Rachel, a willing niece who gives freely of her time to help in this new-found understanding, beautiful handwriting from my Hannah, a 4 day week-end, a great cup of coffee!
     May we remember to praise You, O God. Not just because You bless us but because of WHO You are-- a wonderful, loving Father who sent His Son Jesus to offer up His body on the Cross of Calvary so that each one of us might have EVERLASTING LIFE and the gift of His Holy Spirit to those who receive Him! May our telling others about You be our main goal, to let others know that THIS world is NOT our home. When we say yes to Jesus we will dwell with our Father God, FOREVER, in heaven!
     Open up your Bible today, pray and ask God to speak to you through His Word...amazing things will begin to happen in your life. If you don't believe me,  then just try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment