Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nineteen...

Artwork by Rachel Ann of Sterling and Peaches the hamster
     We had a birthday around here last Friday. A young man turned 19 years old. It seems to me that he should still be about 4 or 5. I am so blessed by him...my son Matthew William! He has a tender heart for the Lord, acknowledged Jesus as his Lord and Savior when he was 4 years old and loves the Word of God.He has a heart to serve, both God and others. He is the one all of the neighbors call on when they need a hand! Lawn mowed---check, putting in new windows---check, sprinkler systems---check, general clean up--check! He takes pride in a job well done and he always goes the extra mile. He is a loyal big brother to his two younger sisters, a wonderful son, a great nephew and a terrific grandson. He has plans for the future and is working hard to get there...one step at a time!He can play the piano, taught himself guitar and banjo and loves bluegrass music! I pray daily for a precious wife for him who will want to love and serve the Lord  beside him. I am so very thankful the Lord has blessed our family with Matthew! He brings laughter, joy and a smile wherever he goes...Happy Belated B-Day Son!
     It is hot here.... again. For some reason silly me keeps forgetting that we live in a desert basically. It seems that every year I forget that one small detail. So if y'all have any extra Fall, could ya share some with us out here in California? I know that all of us would appreciate it very much. Even though it is hot, we are trying to deal with it and still think Fall thoughts...pumpkin scones, homemade pumpkin lattes, hot tea before bed and dreaming of sweaters....All very hard to do when the thermometer reads 105*...yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa! Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me over to yours! Your son sounds like a wonderful young man - wish we lived closer so he could meet our daughter Rachel, 19, loves music (violin and piano), has such a tender heart for Jesus, and loves her family. Yep, I've been praying for her husband for years - he will have to be mighty special! Check out her blog!
    www.stringsinsouthernarizona.blogspot.com
    Looks like you have a delightful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.I just saw found your comment and I too wish we lived closer.I actually started out reading Courtney's blog when y'all were adopting and then found Rachel's blog.My Rachel is a Rachel Ann also. It is nice to meet you in the blog world and hopefully one day we shall meet in person :)

      Delete