Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If you happen to be at my house and see me stuffing something in my mouth.....it is most likely one of these No-Bake Energy Bites (original recipe from Smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com) So quick, so easy, no oven needed and best of all, fairly good for you in the healthy category! I consider chocolate to be the fifth food group...ha ha!


                  No-Bake Energy Bites 


       Mix all of the following ingredients together in a bowl thoroughly. Using a cookie scoop, form into balls.Ready to eat now or after refridgerating until chilled

  • 1 cup oatmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
  • 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
  • 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey (raw if you have it)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract        

No comments:

Post a Comment