Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer is here...well, almost!

 If you are reading along in the Bible: Exodus1:1-Exodus15:18                                                                                              
Does anyone else remember this book from childhood?
This book was always a favorite of mine. I wished that I could step into the pictures and enjoy all the fun these two were having with their dog!
 Since I am seriously looking to keep to a budget I am now using solar power to dry our clothes...as in hanging the clothes outside on the clothesline. I really think it is fun! When I first got my clothesline I told a friend that I was so enjoying hanging the clothes outside and she looked at me as if I had just about lost my mind! Then she said to let her know when the honeymoon was over...well, one year later, I am still enjoying my moments spent out in the fresh air, hearing the birds sing and watching the clouds go by. In other words, the honeymoon is still on! Especially when the gas bill is at least $5 to $7 cheaper each month when I am consistent. Plus Vitamin D is really, really good for you...prevents and heals cancer and a whole lotta other maladies! Anyone else enjoy using their clothesline?
Now this little apron thingie is very special to me. Isn't it adorable? Embroidered by hand and piped in red..... I've named the little lady that you see here "Fran".She looks like she is having a great time hanging out her laundry, doesn't she? Even has the bluebirds to assist her! This little gem belonged to my Mom but it doesn't look like she ever used it although I do remember her hanging out many, many ,many loads of wash. I am now using it to hold my clothespins as I string the clothes along the line and it is a timesaver. Get out and enjoy some sun today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment