Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sumthin' Healthy

     As the celebration of the birth of our Lord approaches, the New Year follows along quite nicely and quickly!!!Thinking about adding sumthin" a little healthy and different? This one will suit ya just fine :)   In going through some recipes the other day or rather frantically searching through my incredibly messy pile of recipes trying to find what I was looking for (ha ha), I stumbled across this one.
      Apparently my sister gave it to me after a very health conscious Asian pharmacist gave it to her. By the way Beth, did you ever try this? Thanks to M. Iwai for sharing!
     It is simply called....Chia. And the recipe is as follows:

                                                                        Chia
1 Tablespoon Chia seeds                                              
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon                                                
1/2 teaspoon bulgar wheat                                            
1 teaspoon quinoa                                                        
1 Tablespoon Flax seed powder                                                    
8 almonds                                                                    
8 walnuts
handful of raisins
1 teaspoon coconut
1/4 teaspoon Teff
bananas, blueberries, pineapple or grapefruit, oranges, apples

     Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add 150 cc (5 ounces) of heated water. After a minute add the nuts, fruits and raisins and coconut. The mixture will thicken as it cools.

     When I made this I omitted the flaxseed(it seems to give me a strange rash on my arm? yeah, weird, huh?) and Teff because I 'm not even sure what Teff is....have to check that out? Or if you know, leave me a comment and fill me in please :)  Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment