Friday, August 10, 2012

hot, hot, hot!

Wonderful and hot onion!
      We are deep in the throes of summer here! With temps reaching well over 100* each day, we all breathe a sigh of relief when the sun goes down to take a much needed rest :) It is hot...phew!
       My husband, whom I call " the farmer" but who insists he is "just a gardener", has grown some spectacular onions this year. They make me so happy when I cut them, I cry...a lot! They are very strong but good.
       And so we plod along here.....with the high temps comes the return of pencils, papers and school books! The school year of 2012-2013 will soon begin with two students amidst the drone of the air conditioner, the clink of ice in the glasses of refreshing lemonade and ice tea and the drip of the popsicles.
       Here are our general courses of Study for this year:

        Rachel will be in Grade 9:

                    Rod and Staff Bible 9
                    Teaching Textbooks Algebra II
                    Easy Grammar Ultimate 9
                    Learning Language Arts Through Literature---American Literature
                    California State History
                    Astronomy/Zoology/ Biology 101
                    Health
                    Typing

           Hannah will be in Grade 5:

                     Rod and Staff Bible 5
                     Teaching Textbooks 5
                      Sequential Spelling Book 4
                      Learning Language Arts Through Literature---Purple Book
                      California State History
                      Daily Geography Lessons
                      Astronomy/Zoology/ Biology 101

      Looks like that will be enough to keep us all busy in the learning department!  We will continue in our studies of cooking, sewing, animal husbandry, physical education, fiddle and piano playing and whatever else God brings us to do this year!
       Leaving you with a quote from the King James Bible for today------
"I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord."  Psalm 104: 33-34
     What's going on in your neck of the woods?
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment